Total Pageviews

Friday, March 18, 2011

The secret of life...

This morning, I awoke to my husband laying down a cup of coffee on the table in front of me, (I had passed out on the couch, and once I'm out, I'm out, so there I stayed until this morning) with two boys being boys on the floor, and the baby smiling at me from his walker.  I smiled at the scene before me, realizing that this was the secret to MY life.

Yesterday, we had one of my eldest son's buddies stay the night.  They played, and giggled for hours on the trampoline while the sprinkler shot up from under it.  The baby sat by, content with watching the boys play, and my husband worked on his old Harley we are fixing up.  The windows were all open and the warm breeze floated through out the house.

We had some pizza later that evening, and the fat and grease made my soul happy, as well as my stomach. 

After dinner, we all sat back and watched as the older boys played the Wii.  The baby was slowly murmuring his way into his nightly sleep in my arms.  While the babe drifted to sleep, I sat and thought about different twists and turns in the novel I am currently writing, and my husband reverted into his 5 year old self, cheering the boys on in their game play.

Once the baby was good and asleep I put him in bed, only to find the older boys wanting to snuggle with me on the couch, and watch a Scooby-Doo movie.  I subsequently fell asleep.

This morning, I awoke to my husband laying down a cup of coffee on the table in front of me, (I had passed out on the couch, and once I'm out, I'm out, so there I stayed until this morning) with two boys being boys on the floor, and the baby smiling at me from his walker.  I smiled at the scene before me, realizing that this was the secret to MY life.

My secret is, playing with my boys and seeing them smile, and giggle, play and grow.  My secret is watching my very busy husband get time to work on his precious bike while the weather is beautiful and act like a 5 year old boy.  My secret is splurging on delectable pizza, and of coarse a good cup of coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts