Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Twirling Thoughts About Parents

It's been a couple of days since I have written and I have sooo many subjects I want to rant about I'm having trouble narrowing them down.  I went through and decided to start with the last one I thought about.  Dumb ass parents of children.  Do I need a disclaimer here? Better be safe than sorry *DISCLAIMER!!!! These are my thoughts and opinions.  These do not apply to everyone, as I know there are exceptions to every rule.*

My eldest son is 5 and now goes to school, but for 3 year prior to that he attended a day care.  This is a wonderful day care (my youngest now goes there), and the lady who runs it is superb.  When my eldest started to go, he began to get sick once a damn week.  So after about a month of doctor visits and missed work, I finally confronted my day care lady.  I told her that I was upset about how often my kiddo was getting sick.  She looked at me sympathetically and for lack of a better way to describe this, she called out a parent who was always sending her kid to the day care sick. (This is a small, at home day care with like 7 kids max, and just this elderly lady taking care of them all)  With out calling this mother a dick head, she said just that.  She gave me any example of how, the kid (really he was a baby, like 1ish) came in one day with a rash of huge bumps all over his legs and belly.  The day care lady didn't notice it until she went to change his first diaper, and as soon as she DID notice she contacted the mother.  The mother played stupid (how could she not have seen dime sized leisons on this boy?), and told the lady she'd be there to get the boy ASAP.  Not knowing what is was, the day care lady separated the boy from the other kids in case he was contagious.  Needless to say 6 hours later, the mother showed up (she worked less than 20 minutes from the day care) to get her little boy.  Now, I do feel sympathy with this poor baby, but that bitch should have been smacked!  It turned out that the boy had a bacterial skin infection and WAS contagious.  None of the other kids got it, thanks to the swift actions of the day car provider, but what if she hadn't of separated the boy, thinking the mother would be there in 20 minutes?

I started watching this woman after my day care lady informed me of why she believed that my son was getting sick all the time.  Well, I'll be damned, if that kid had a runny nose, my son would get one 7 days later (as well as all the other kids)  One day I walked into the day care and found the boy separated from all the other kids.  I asked the baby sitter what the deal was and she told me, that in her opinion, the boy had Pink Eye.  She said when he first arrived he was asleep and she didn't notice it until he woke up almost an hour later.  She then separated the boy, and called the mother... 4 hours ago.  I immediately got pissed. 

The next morning, who woke up with Pink Eye?  My son.  Now this happened at least 10 times.  And one of those times, she came and brought that Pink Eye ridden child back and handed the day care lady, Visine.  My day care provider, told her she needed to take him to a DOCTOR and not to bring him back with out a doctors note.  Really bitch?  You needed to be told that?

Anyway, on the 10th or so time that this kind of thing happened, I had had ENOUGH.  I waited for her to come and pick her sick ass son up and told her I needed her address.  She looked at me curiously and asked why, and proceeded to tell her "I need it so I can forward my doctor bills to you, because you are always bringing your sick ass kid into here and getting my kid sick!"  She looked at me with her beady eyes wide with shock and stormed out of the day care.  I felt better and she stopped being so stupid with her sickly child.  My question is, why did I have to call her out and embarrass her before she decided to change her ways?

She was eventually kicked out of the day care for reasons unknown to me. Yes, it made me smile to know she was gone.

Since my son started school, he has started getting sick again.  Now, I expected this to some degree, but he started getting sick once a week around the holidays.  Here is my conclusion.  There are dumb ass parents every where!  When your kid is sick, take them to the damn doctor instead of sending them to school to give my child strep, or the flu!  Or at the very least, keep them home and try to make them better by yourself!  Even as I type this, I can not believe I have to feel this way.  Why do you want to send your kid, when they are sick, to school?  When you're unwell, does your ass go to work?!?  If so, you need to be smacked for both offenses!

One more thing I want to touch on, vaccines.  This controversial subject for people now a days, but I would like to make two quick points.  A.  Chromosomes cause Autism, not vaccines. IF (and in my opinion, that's a big if) you think the vaccines gave your baby Autism, maybe it just made what was already there, more obvious?  And B.  Lets say they DO cause Autism, seriously?  In my head, it's like this.  Dead child due to not getting a vaccine for a potentially deadly virus/disease, or Autism.  And at that thought, I know some beautiful, bright, intelligent, wonderful, loving children with varying forms of Autism.  To ME, there is no choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts