Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

News on my Evil Writer Block

Soooo, I finally had a breakthrough a couple of days ago with my writers block.  I wrote some more on my Hunter novel and even a little bit on my young adult book.  Oddly enough, it was pressure that broke me out of my block.

I was having a bad day, (seems like every day is a bad one this week) and all I could think was if I could just work on my books I'd feel so much better.  It'd be one less stress to ponder over at night.  That kind of thing.  So I sat down in front of the computer, pulled up my Hunter novel and Tadaaaaa!  Instead of sitting there staring at the blinking cursor for a half hour, getting disgusted and then seriously contemplating through the damn PC out of the window, I actually wrote!  I feel so wonderful getting my creative juices flowing and I feel like I am heading in the right direction again.

On another note, I have begun to stress over the Hunter novel, which is the one that is closest to completion.  A novel consists of anywhere between 80,000 and 100,000 words, and I am sitting at about 50,000 with only 4 and a half chapters and the Epilogue to finish.  I'm trying not to freak that it's not as long as I would have liked, but that's easier said then done.  I have decided to just finish the damn thing and then go back while editing again, and add some meat in places that seem skimpy, and see what I get then.

Anyway, the point is, I am shooting to be done with it in the next two months.  I even have a photo shoot set up to get a cover done for it, in about 2 weeks.  When I finish the cover I'll post it on here for anyone interested. 

For my other peeps that prefer my funnier or more blunt blogs, I am hoping to hop back on here later today and write one up.  Bare with me!  I still have to take care of 2 rotten chillens and clean my casa.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts