Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Put the Twinkie Down Fatty!!!

Ok, I am limited on time today, but I wanted to write something about fat chicks, and me being one (and still being one) and how I am slowly changing that.

I'll never forget the day I found out I was fat.  Ok, I know what your thinking...  But I swear on all that's holy, I had no clue I was fat.  I looked in the mirror and saw hotness :)  I know that sounds like a joke, but I never said I lacked self esteem! (I blame this idea that I think I'm sexy on my mother, I love you mom, but when I was rockin a mullet, and a bucked tooth grin, you should have stopped telling me how beautiful I was)   Any way, long story short, I went to watch my lovely step-daughter in her first ballet recital, when I realized something wasn't right.  My head felt like it was gonna pop off my shoulders, the pressure was almost unbearable.  And my heart was racing up to 130 beats per minute. 

On the way home from my Wife-in-laws, I had to pull over and let my husband drive because I kept thinking I was gonna pass out.  And then several hours later, the hubbs decided to take me to the hospital.  We go and they tell me nothing is wrong with me, despite the fact I tell them I feel like I am dying.    About 5 hours after that, My beautifully caring husband takes me to a different hospital, because I feel no better, and if anything the symptoms or worsening.  They send me home as well. 

Monday swings around and I call our family doctor and tell them I need an appointment ASAP, that I think I am dying.  They get me right in. 

When my doc comes in and smiling, asks me "What seems to be the problem, Ms. Crystal?"  I burst into tears and tell her I'm dying and no one believes me!  I give her a run down of the last 3 days and she nods the whole time looking down at my medical chart.  When I get done she looks me in the eye and says, "High blood pressure is any jump in your normal blood pressure more than 20 points.  You normally run around 95/70ish and it's now 130/98 or so.  Now that's not terrible to most people, but because you run low normally you probably feel very badly."  I ask her in complete disbelief and say, "High blood pressure?  How?  No one in my whole family has it!"  And, bless her, never removing her eyes from mine she says, "Well in the last 3 months or so, you have put on about 20 lbs and I think if you loose just a little weight, your bp will fall as well."  All I could think was, If I had just put the damn twinkie down one time, I might not be in this situation.

Needless to say I went home wiped my house clean of anything that didn't say, Fat Free, Low Fat or Low Sodium and then stocked if full of the healthiest choices I knew of.  I also went out and bought the Wii Fit.  I lost 8 lbs the first week, and was taken off my meds.  I have since lost around 60 lbs and I am in any where between a size 8ish and a size 11/12ish depending on the cut and stuff.  I am still overweight and hope to eventually be to a smaller size.  Not for vanities sake, but for my health.  I always thought I was sexy!  ;)  

So now, I park away from the front of the building and walk, I work out between 3-5 days a week, I joined a co-ed softball league, and really am enjoying my new found strength, agility and energy.  I always said, if I can be fat and healthy (I love food), then I was content being fat.  But now I know I can't be fat and healthy, so smaller is good for me.  Love yourself regardless, but when your health starts to get at you because you size loose a couple pounds, you don't have to be Kate Moss to feel good!

If I can do it so can anyone!!!  Take baby steps and keep in mind I swear by the Wii Fit, I lost my first 20 lbs on that thing!!!  It's fun and easy.

And remember ladies (and gents) you can burn up to 85 calories in a half hour of love making ;)  Bow-chica-bow-woooow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts