Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Shout Out to a New Favorite Author...

I will post another blog about life in general after this one, but I have had this one planned for a while, and just haven't had the time. 

I wanted to give a shout out to an author I have found, and fallen in love with (despite her sudden dislike of Ghirardelli Chocolates)  ;)    Heather Killough-Walden.



I get most of my reading material through my kindle because for me it's cheaper this way.  One day I had just finished reading another book and had nothing to move on to, when I saw an add on Facebook for e-books for only .99 cents.  Ok!  Don't start guys!  I am BROKE!!!  .99 cent books sounded right up my ally!

So, I go to the book store on my kindle and find these cheaper books.  I found the first book of a series (The Big Bad Wolf series) and I completely plowed through this book in a day and a half.  I loved it!  Twist and turns, just enough lovin' to make you smile, but not enough to make you feel like you have to hide the book from your husband....  Characters you fall in love with.  This book was everything I look for in a fiction/fantasy novel.

I then jumped back on my kindle, and being they were only .99, I bought every book she had written and published through Amazon.  I have since, read every book, and loved, every book.  Forever Neverland is kind of like a sequel to Peter Pan that is amazing and fresh with a totally new twist on the long loved fairy tale, The Redeemer takes a spin off of Jesus and Judas that will make your jaw drop and stay there through the whole book, and the Big Bad Wolf series is a much needed spin on werewolves and vampires.

Don't let the cheaper prices of her books fool you, she is new and she is amazing.  I am not the least bit afraid to put her in the same league as other authors you may know and love, like Sherrilyn Kenyon, Laurell K. Hamilton, and P.C. Cast.

If any of my readers have a taste for fantasy, love, action and drama all in the same book then check this lady, Heather Killough-Walden, out!  You won't regret it!

Her web site is:  http://www.killough-walden.com/
She also has a Twitter and a Facebook account

List of novels on Amazon:

Big Bad Wolf Series
     The Heat
     The Strip
     The Spell
     The Hunt

Chosen Soul
     The Chosen Soul

Hell Bent
     Hell Bent

Neverland
     Forever Neverland

The October Trilogy
     Sam I Am

Syndicate Novels
     Redeemer

Books available in print:

Lost Angels
     Avenger's Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts